Kolhapur city is known as the cultural capital of Maharashtra State, and also the city of intellectuals. It is one of the fast growing Metropolitan cities and is one of the green urban areas in the India. It has a population of about 4 million.
Kolhapur city can be reached from any other city by means of either air, railway or road. The nearest city by air from Kolhapur is Mumbai. It takes one hour to reach Kolhapur from Mumbai. Distance from Kolhapur airport to the city is approximately 10 Km's / 6 miles.
Reaching KIT's-IMER from the Airport-
* Distance from airport to KIT’s-IMER is 3.5 km’s.
* Regular taxi and rickshaw service is also available from the airport to KIT’s -IMER.
Reaching KIT's-IMER from Kolhapur-
* Distance from CBS to KIT’s-IMER is 6.5 km’s.
* Distance from Railway station to KIT’s-IMER is 7 km’s.
* Regular City Bus, taxi and rickshaw service is also available from the CBS and Railway Station to KIT’s -IMER.
The working hours of the Institute are from 7.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. The Institute is closed on 2nd and 4th Sunday and every Monday.
The working hours of the PMC bank are from 10:30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. The bank is located in the main building of the KIT Institute.